Volunteers from Martha's Choice Market (MontCo Family Service Center) distributing groceries during COVID-19.
In response to the Coronavirus Pandemic, CFGP has established the Emergency Relief Fund (ERF) to provide a quick response to the emergency needs of the community within the Archdiocese of Philadelphia. This includes food pantries, vital social service ministries and organizations, and local parishes that are working to address the emergency needs of their community.
This is a difficult time for many, and we want to do our part to help those who have been impacted by COVID-19. We’ve spoken to the individuals and organizations on the front lines of this pandemic and have determined the areas in need of serious assistance. At this time, CFGP’s ERF will be raising funds specifically for Catholic Social Services (CSS) food pantries, who since the pandemic began, have experienced 100% increases in client volume.
To date, our Emergency Relief Fund has made distributions to the following CSS food pantry sites:
- St. John's Hospice - $30,000
- Casa del Carmen Family Service Center - $10,000
- Northeast Family Service Center - $10,000
- Delaware County (Chester) Family Service Center - $10,000
- Montgomery County (Norristown) Family Service Center - $18,000
- Southwest Family Service Center - $14,000
- Bucks County Family Service Center - $10,000
- 5-county family service centers - $20,000
- CSS Food Pantries (all sites) - $80,000
- Casa del Carmen Family Service Center - $15,000
- Southwest Family Service Center - $15,000
- Delaware County Family Service Center - $15,000
- Northeast Family Service Center - $5,000
*Please note - CFGP has distributed $252,000 of the $262,000 raised and we are continuously working with Catholic Social Services on finalizing more distributions to the area food pantries. This list will be updated as the distributions are made.
We are immensely grateful for the generous support we've received across our community during this challenging time. Because of you, we are able to provide the funding needed to enable these pantry sites to feed the increase in individuals who are coming to them for help. We couldn't do this without you! Thank you for stepping up when your brothers and sisters have needed you most.